Spring naar bijdragen

Geocaching whole year, a big challenge

OttoLund

Aanbevolen berichten

ReizenReizen

Some places the caches are covered with snow and ice in wintertime.

I've placed two wholeyearcaches in trees last month. The cachers go skiing when they find them. Terrific solution.

What do you do, is this a problem elsewhere in Europe?

Regards,

Otto, Norway

http://www.navigate3d.com

Hey Otto,

I dont know but here in the Netherlands we have got only rain :eek: No snow :angry: So for us its easy to put some caches in the ground. But last weekend I have to climb into a tree to get a cache. I like it :thumbup:

Ciao,

Lufjoe.nl

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Here we can cache almost year round without snow. There are a handful of days in the year with snow on the ground. A few days more the ground is frozen. Sometimes that is a problem, most of the time it's still possible to get the cache because they are often not really buried.

Some caches are in a tree, but I don't like it when the cache is hanging higher than 2 meters because I am not good at climbing and it's impossible with walking shoes and a slippery tree in winter. I have a DNF for 'Vorstengraf' because it is in a tree.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Some places the caches are covered with snow and ice in wintertime.

I've placed two wholeyearcaches in trees last month. The cachers go skiing when they find them. Terrific solution.

What do you do, is this a problem elsewhere in Europe?

Regards,

Otto, Norway

http://www.navigate3d.com

As already told, we are neirly in the situation you are talking about. We are already happy when we get 10 cm snow. Ones per decennium, we are glad when The Netherlands looks like a wintersportcountry. We don't go out for geocaching, we keep us busy to get rid of the snow :angry:

Snow in our country? The snows has melted before we even can think about geocaching and the state of easy reach (within) our caches.

We do have more problems with rain, rain, and, again, rain. :thumbup:

Warm Regards

Evert, The Netherlands :eek:

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Is het mogelijk om het forum Nederlandstalig te houden.

Op de .com site is een Engelstalig forum wat mij een uitstekende plek lijkt om dit soort zaken te bespreken, temeer dat je dan in één klap de halve wereld bereikt.

Ruud :thumbup:

netherlandsted.gif

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Maak een account aan of meld je aan om een opmerking te plaatsen

Je moet lid zijn om een opmerking achter te kunnen laten

Account aanmaken

Maak een account aan in onze gemeenschap. Het is makkelijk!

Registreer een nieuw account

Aanmelden

Ben je al lid? Meld je hier aan.

Nu aanmelden
  • Onlangs hier   0 leden

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...