Spring naar bijdragen

Geocache in US NPS gebied geplaatst,

GeoGerard

Aanbevolen berichten

Dit bericht kwam ik tegen op het opencaching.com en het navicache.com forum:

"Recently I posted that I was looking to place a cache on National Park Service land.

After nearly a week, I get this ominous message.

"This is Ranger X, with the National Park Service, I am the law enforcement ranger at the park you visited asking to place a geocache."

I called him back, and had a nice conversation with him about what geocaching is in general, and what I'd like to do.

He informed me that he has some friends in a town close that do geocache, and that he had talked with them prior to contacting me. He also said that he went and checked to see if anyone had placed one in the park already...they hadn't. He informed me that if someone HAD placed one without permission, that they can and probably would be prosecuted in FEDERAL court. (Nothing like a nice FEDERAL conviction for anything on your record !)

Long story short...he said that yes, I could place a cache there, and that it would be watched VERY VERY closely by the rangers. I don't think I have to worry about this one being stolen, or plundered!

I am going to make it a multi-stage cache, so that folks will actually walk the park in question, as it is definitely a very nice park (albeit fairly small 160+- acres)

axcion"

Here's the link to this post:

http://www.navicache.com/cgi-bin/ib312a/ik...t=ST;f=28;t=724

Dit is echt leuk. :ph34r:

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

ReizenReizen

Dit is wel erg ver van ons bed. Wat hebben wij eraan? Wat wil je aan ons overbrengen met dit citaat? Dat we hier gelukkig niet voor de rechtbank komen bij ongewenst plaatsen van een cache ???? :thumbup: ?????????

Of dat dit aantoond dat het een goede zaak is dat er regels zijn en afspraken gemaakt worden met boswachters? :angry:

Dat NPS Rangers ook vriendelijk kunnen zijn? ;)

De oorspronkelijke bron is Navicache en het werd op opencaching geciteerd door Team 360, dezelfde van dat verkoop gerucht. En wat zei die op opencaching daarover toe hij werd aangesproken met de woorden:

"Hey, TEAM 360, are you ever going to tell us what was behind your "Wall Street Trader" rumor you started a week or so ago?"

het antwoord was

"LOL...when the GC forums went down, it was the PERFECT time to start a completely unsubstantiated and off-the-wall rumor outta nowhere about Jeremy selling the site to Disney...caused a bit of a "War of the Worlds" stir, I guess.... "

Leuk gevoel voor humor zeg.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Maak een account aan of meld je aan om een opmerking te plaatsen

Je moet lid zijn om een opmerking achter te kunnen laten

Account aanmaken

Maak een account aan in onze gemeenschap. Het is makkelijk!

Registreer een nieuw account

Aanmelden

Ben je al lid? Meld je hier aan.

Nu aanmelden
  • Onlangs hier   0 leden

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...